This psychological thriller tells the story of Jeff Cohalan (Robert Young). He's a successful architect who is tormented by the fact that his fiancée was killed in a mysterious car accident on the night before their wedding. Blaming himself for her death, Colahan spends his time alone, lamenting in the state-of-the-art cliff-top home he'd designed for his bride-to-be.
Cohalan also notices that ever since the accident, he seems to be followed by bad luck. His horse and dog turn up dead without explanation, leading him to wonder if he has been cursed.
He meets a woman named Ellen (Betsy Drake), and they are immediately attracted to each other. She soon learns about Jeff's past and begins to realize that Jeff may be much more dangerous than he seems.
- Robert Young as Jeff Cohalan
- Betsy Drake as Ellen Foster
- John Sutton as Keith Ferris
- Florence Bates as Amelia Foster
- Morris Carnovsky as Dr. Raymond Hartley
- Henry O'Neill as Ben Sheppard
- Jean Rogers as Dodo Ferris
- Raymond Largay as Maj. Badger
- Shirley Ballard as Vivian Sheppard
- Jason Robards, Sr. as Stacy Rogers
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found