Template:Infobox Film The Fast and the Furious is a 1955 movie starring John Ireland and Dorothy Malone. The black-and-white B-movie was co-directed by the film's leading man, John Ireland. The story was written by Roger Corman and the screenplay by Jean Howell and Jerome Odlum. Except for the title, the film bears no relation to the 2001 film of the same name.
A man named Frank Webster breaks out of jail after serving time for a murder he didn't commit. John Ireland is the main star in this film. While on the run, he's forced to kidnap a young woman named Connie, played by Dorothy Malone, driving a fast sports car. The couple slip into a cross-border sports car race to try to make it to Mexico before the police get him.
- It was the first film produced by Corman's American International Pictures production company.
- The title rights to the film was bought so that it (the title only) could be used for 2001's film of the same name. Template:Fact
- The plot was used again in The Chase starring Charlie Sheen & Kristy Swanson.
- John Ireland as Frank Webster
- Dorothy Malone as Connie Adair
- Bruce Carlisle as Faber
- 'Snub' Pollard also has a small role in the film
- Template:Imdb title
- Available for download at archive.org: low resolution, dvd quality
- Template:Google videoTemplate:Crime-film-stub