rTorrent is a text-based ncurses BitTorrent client written in C++, based on the libTorrent libraries for UNIX (which is not the libtorrent library developed by Arvid Norberg), "with a focus on high performance and good code".
The library differentiates itself from other implementations by transferring data directly between file pages mapped to memory by the mmap() function and the network stack. On high-bandwidth connections, it is claimed to be able to seed at many times the speed of the official client. 
rTorrent uses ncurses and is suitable for use with screen or dtach. It supports saving of sessions and allows the user to add and remove torrents. It also supports partial downloading of multi-file torrents. In the release of rTorrent-0.7.0 support for BitTorrent protocol encryption is also implemented. PEX, DHT and initial seeding were recently implemented in rTorrent.
- ↑ http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/
- ↑ The libTorrent and rTorrent Project - Trac
- ↑  Announcement of rTorrent-0.7.0
- rTorrent homepage
- rTorrent for Darwin/Mac OS X
- nTorrent - An rTorrent GUI
- rtGui - a PHP/Web interface for rTorrent using XML-RPC
- wTorrent - a php/xhtml web interface for rTorrent
- rTWi - an rTorrent Web interface
- rtorstat - rTorrent status webpage generator : rtorstat does not require xmlrpc support, but, instead, it uses the saved session data in order to create the status page. Therefore, it is a much simpler implementation with very limited features.
- Hottest rTorrent's patches written by Josef Drexler