Freedom of information (or information freedom) may refer to:
- whether particular information can be freely created, read, modified, copied and distributed—see Free content (as well as Free culture movement and Free software);
- freedom to express one's opinions or ideas, generally, within a society—see Freedom of speech;
- the accessibility of government-held information—see Freedom of information legislation (as well as Open government).
- Transparency (humanities)
- Freedom (philosophy)
- Free Information Infrastructure
- Information wants to be free