Fire Over England is a 1937 London Film Productions film drama, notable for providing the first pairing of Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh. It was directed by William K. Howard and written by Clemence Dane from a novel by A. E. W. Mason.
Fire Over England is notable for providing the first pairing of Laurence Olivier (as Michael Ingolby) and Vivien Leigh (as Cynthia). The role of Queen Elizabeth I of England was taken by Flora Robson. The film also starred Raymond Massey as King Philip II of Spain and Leslie Banks as 'Robin', the Earl of Leicester. James Mason has a bit part as a British traitor.
- Tamara Desni as Elena
- Lyn Harding as Sir Richard Ingolby
- George Thirlwell as Mr. Lawrence Gregory
- Henry Oscar as Spanish Ambassador
- Robert Rendel as Don Miguel
- Robert Newton as Don Pedro
- Donald Calthrop as Don Escobal
- Charles Carson as Adm. Valdez
- The Great British Films, pp 36-38, Jerry Vermilye, 1978, Citadel Press, ISBN 080650661X