Template:Expand Eliberatica is the annual Free Software and Open Source conference organized by the Romanian Free Software and Open Source Initiative. The goal of the event is to develop and sustain a healthy a Free Software, Open Source and Digital Civil Society movement in Romania.
Eliberatica is an event focused on helping develop and sustain a healthy Free Software, Open Source and Digital Civil Society movement in Romania. Presentations and activities at the event are meant to help both local and international participants share ideas and experience about these concepts and movements.
The first iteration of the event (held in 2007) was unique in that it brought some of the most recognized leaders in Free Software and Open Source to Romania to interact with a diverse group of those interested in Free Software, Open Source and Digital Civil Society. Participants including legal scholars, national offices of multinational computing giants (like IBM and Sun Microsystems), strong national companies (like Agora Media and BitDefender), students, media, people from Romanian institutes of higher learning and working developers.
Previous Keynote SpeakersEdit
- Brian Behlendorf - Noted Free Software and Open Source Advocate; One of the original developers of the Apache Web server
- Michael Widenius - architect and original developer of the MySQL DBMS
- Georg Greve - president of the Free Software Foundation Europe
- Zak Greant - Free Software and Open Source Advocate; Mozilla Foundation Ombudslizard
- Jim Willis (Civil Society Activist) - Civil Society Activist and former Director of eGovernment and Information Technology for the Rhode Island Office of the Secretary of State
- Kurt von Finck - employee of Canonical Ltd, GNOME Foundation sysadmin, free software advocate